These dictionaries are the key to academic success. They build language skills, covering the most important words for general and academic English, and developing content area vocabulary for studying other subjects in English.
- 27,000–145,000 words, phrases, and meanings with Academic Word List words and content area vocabulary in math, science, social studies marked
- 2000–3000 keyword entries marked, showing the most important words to know in English (the Oxford 3000™)
- 45–64 Reference pages including a 16-page Oxford Writing Tutor, information on punctuation, irregular verbs, geographical names, and more
- 500–1000+ colour illustrations make it easy to learn related vocabulary
- Note boxes with extra help throughout the dictionary—thesaurus, topic collocations, Academic Word List collocations, word-building
- The Oxford iWriter on the CD-ROM shows students how to plan, write and check their written work. The CD-ROM also includes the full A-Z dictionary, spoken words, ‘record your own voice’ facility, Topic Dictionary and searchable picture dictionary, plus a pop-up Genie that looks up words when you are working in Word, in e-mails, and on the Internet.