The Oxford American Dictionary for learners of English helps students understand the meanings of words and how to use them correctly. It includes 42,000 words, phrases and meanings and 35,000 examples to show how words are used.
It marks the Oxford 3000™ words (the most important words to know in English), content area vocabulary (math, social studies, science, etc), and Academic Word List words.
The Oxford Writing Tutor (included in the print dictionary) and the Oxford iWriter on the CD-ROM show students how to plan, write and review different types of writing.
The Oxford American Dictionary Vocabulary Builder, available separately, provides 50 lessons with 130 activities to consolidate and extend vocabulary.
- 42,000 words, phrases, and meanings with Academic Word List words and content area vocabulary in math, science, social studies marked
- 3,000 keyword entries marked, showing the most important words to know in English (the Oxford 3000™)
- 45 Reference pages including a 16-page Oxford Writing Tutor, information on punctuation, irregular verbs, geographical names, and more
- 650 colour illustrations make it easy to learn related vocabulary
- Note boxes with extra help throughout the dictionary – thesaurus, topic collocations, Academic Word List collocations, word-building
- The Oxford iWriter on the CD-ROM shows students how to plan, write and check their written work. The CD-ROM also includes the full A-Z dictionary, spoken words, ‘record your own voice’ facility, Topic Dictionary and searchable picture dictionary, plus a pop-up Genie that looks up words when you are working in Word, in e-mails, and on the Internet.
Хараахан үнэлгээ алга